Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Summa Chocolatia: Top Ten

Here's my thought for today: how good is God that we have... chocolate.  

The consumption of chocolate, I find, adds an entirely new, caffeine-induced level of understanding of apologetics. Consider, for instance:

1. God loves us and wants us to be happy.
Chocolate makes me feel loved and happy.
Therefore God wants us to eat chocolate.

2. Or, to be more specific:


  • We see that natural bodies work toward some goal, and do not do so by chance.
  • Most natural things lack knowledge.  
  • But as an arrow reaches its target because it is directed by an archer, what lacks intelligence achieves goals by being directed by something intelligence.
  • Therefore some intelligent being exists by whom all natural things are directed to their end; and this being we call God.

  • From this proof of God's existence, we can also conclude--while under the influence of enough Twix--that since chocolate's natural end is within us, therefore chocolate is God's gift to us.  

    3. We can know by our natural reason that there is a God, for natural reason tells us that that a world wherein there is chocolate could have been made only by a all-good Being, all-wise and almighty.
    4. Our senses prove that some things are in motion, and that other things should be in motion. Like chocolate.  Chocolate should always be in actual motion, as the potential motion of chocolate does not unite chocolate with its ultimate end: your digestive system. 

    5. The beauty of chocolate is directly referenced in Scripture in the Songs of Solomon 1:5: "I am black but beautiful." 

    6. Chocolate, a product of vegetation, was created on the third day.  Wednesdays should be celebrated accordingly.

    7. Scripture says that God has put into our hearts the desire .....for chocolate.  Therefore, the consumption of chocolate is meritorious.

    And then, there's the following Psalms, read through Snicker smudges:

    8. "Praise the Lord... fruit trees and all cedars!" Psalm 148:9 (Doubtless, here "fruit trees" primarily denotes the cocoa tree...)

    9. "The chocolate of the Lord is Good, delighting the heart." Psalm 19:8, The Whitman Bible.

    10.  From one of the lesser known Belgian Translations: "Thy Word is a lamp for my feet, and chocolate along the path." Psalm 119:105


    Earnestly seeking chocolate from among the lesser candies
    From all this can be seen that I have, perhaps, had far too much of a good thing... hmm.


    "Seek the Lord while He may be found; call on him while he is near." Isaiah 55:6



    1 comment:

    1. Many people have written articles of how they were helped but I am very grateful to this great man who brought my ex husband back to me. This testimony is a true story and my name is Jennifer Sanchez. When I came in contact with this man was also through a testimony written about him helping with a cure for Herpes Virus and I have also encountered many testimonies about how he has been helping others with their life. To get back with an ex is one of the most innermost feelings many people would love to experience especially as those memories with our ex always cloud our mind when someone else does some of those things our ex used to do. I was a single parent of two boys for almost 6 years and though my ex husband was not staying with me and the kids i still wish someday he will return back to me. This doctor I encountered known as Dr Odunga helped me with my wishes and I am happy to write on this website that my ex husband is back with me. I am very happy sharing the testimony with everyone so that they too can meet this great doctor and solve their problems. I don't know what others might feel about getting their ex back in their life but i always know there is a blessing in disguise with just a single re-connection with an ex. If you want to successfully get back with your ex or facing infertility problem, contact this great man at odungaspelltemple@gmail.com  OR WhatsApp/Call +2348167159012 and share an awesome testimony too just like I did

      ReplyDelete