Friday, April 25, 2014

Vidya: "Life Force"

Hey, I have an hour to keep up with my daily blogging thingie this month, so here it is:

A Facebook friend of mine asked on her wall for a word beginning with "v" that means something like "life force." So I told her the name of my friend from India: Vidya.

Around my house, the girl who should have been named something that means "Life Force" or "Force of Nature" or perhaps simply "Hurricane," is this girl.

This was the moment of pride right after panicking about having skates on,
and right before panicking about having skates on, again.
Of course, my grandmother used to say I should have been named "Stormy," because I was born during the blizzard of '78. And that same grandmother, according to a late phone call I took tonight, has just received the last rites.  I'll be going over there shortly.  Thank you for your prayers for her, for a peaceful transition from one life to the next.


"Verily I say to you: you will weep and mourn while the world rejoices, 
but your grief will be turned into joy." John 16:20

2 comments:

  1. Nice post. By the way Vidya means Wisdom, which of course can be called as a life force.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vidya also means learning ,trick etc.

    ReplyDelete