Friday, July 25, 2014

The kids are just fine

I love the summer.  I have an English degree.  And I've needed a hobby right now. So performing "Shakespeare Under the Stars" with an outdoor theater company seems just about heavenly these days. We're wrapping up a production of "The Tempest" where I got to play stage manager for the first time, trying to keep track of props, running lines, and getting scolded by divas when they miss a cue they were really supposed to know by now.

As this play calls for a scene with fairies, my girls were asked to be sprites. "Absolutely!" I said. 

"Oh cute!" I thought. "This will be adorable." I thought.


In answer to everyone's questions: the kids are doing fine. And they absolutely hate their costumes. Folks, this is reverse psychology; they have promised me several times already never, ever to have a "goth" phase. I'm delighted. Delighted that they usually look like this:


And do wholesome looking things like this at Children's Museums and stuff:


Not that I have anything against Shakespeare and the need for harpies, it's just... yeah...


But oh, look look, she does cooking competitions too, not just crazy drama:


And she does pretty darn well.

That's it for now folks. Writing has been hard, recently. I'll get there, and I'll have great stories to tell when I do. But for now, as you can see, all is well. :)
"The Lord will guide you always, 
giving you water when you are dry
and restoring your strength." Isaiah 58:11

3 comments:

  1. The black is perfect, no need to take Christmas pictures this year! Just send around to all the relatives as is ;-p

    ReplyDelete
  2. This article is dedicated to the Doctor Osemu Okpamen. I have been married with my wife for 5 years and recently she broke up with me and it hurt me deeply when she told me to leave her alone and that she does not love me anymore when i was always faithful and honest to her. I tried all the ways to get her back buying her what she wants like i always did and she still left me heart broken and she even has a new boyfriend which destroyed me even more until a friend of mine from high school directed me to this genuine spell Doctor called Osemu Okpamen. This man changed my life completely. I followed everything he told me to do and my wife came back begging for me back. I was stunned everything happened exactly like he told me. I had faith in everything he told me and everything was true. Also he was there every moment until i got my happiness back and he also provides spells that cures impotence, bareness, diseases such as HIV/AID E.T.C You can contact him via email at { Doctorokpamenspelltemple@yahoo.com } or visit his website http://www.doctorokpamenspells.com. He will help you in anything you need and quick to answer once you contact him or call me for more info +1 (914)-517-3229.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am writing this great article to appreciate the good work of Doctor Omoluyi. I have been married for 2 years with pain and agony because my husband left me for another lady. I was reviewing some post on the internet on how i could get back my husband then, i saw a post by Lori Dante from Germany who testified of Doctor Omoluyi the almighty spiritual caster. I contacted Lori Dante to confirm about Doctor Omoluyi and she guaranteed me and gave me the courage to contact Doctor Omoluyi for help. So, i contacted him and he assured me that my days of sorrows are over that i will get back my husband within 12 to 16 hours. I did all what he told me and am very happy today that my husband is back to me and we are now living happily like never before and i can boldly and proudly testify to the world that Doctor Omoluyi is a good and remarkable helper that specializes on different kind of spells. If you need his help, then contact him on E-mail: ( doctoromoluyispelltemple@gmail.com ).

    ReplyDelete