Friday, August 23, 2013

Final ceremony

My heart and mind are full tonight, but my hands have been so busy.  Right now I can't give all the details of the day; partly I'm still processing all my emotions.  But it was good and beautiful to spend a day honoring my little ones.  I know they shared in our joy.


At the Japanese lantern release, the one with Perpetua's name was sent up first.  She flew up faster and farther than any of them, speeding towards the heavens to blend into the glorious clouds.


Of course, I cried.  While taking pictures, naturally.




I thought of each one of you who has had a loss, and said a prayer for you all today as I watched the lanterns melt into the sky.  "Love never fails." 1 Corinthians 13:8

1 comment:

  1. sounds so beautiful and peaceful. I am glad you and your children were able to take part in this.

    ReplyDelete