Monday, March 18, 2013

I want to and I can't...

Post, that is!  Yes!  Like this! Currently, I am praying for success of the Backyardigans singing and dancing crap to keep my toddler from playing "skydive off the table"... because it is soooo fun to fly trustingly into mommy's arms; she's just sitting there in front of her laptop after all, what use could that be...

Let's catch up.  :D  Oops, no, wait a minute... a large preschooler head is being shoved between my typing hands.  I WANT TO WRITE AND I CAN'T!!  Seriously!  I have ideas and outlines and no free hands right now, no time...

Okay, back to catching up.  (Yeah, I just asked her, "Please not right now, hon."  I'm going to lose my attachment parenting badge...)  Oh no wait, she's still attached to me: a book is now being shoved between my typing hands.  "The Poems of Wordsworth."  Oh she's in my college books I was sorting, nicceee... Cecilia is now shouting at everyone to be quiet because her pretend friend is sleeping.  And guess who climbed back on the table.

Nick Jr. you have failed me.  (Now getting handed open bottles of water.  WHY?!?  They won't drink it... must be a compulsive gift-giving phase.)  The sounds of ripping paper in the background.  Eh, what do I need college books for...

We will catch up later.  I hope.  ("Do you have any money momma! I need it!" She's brandishing a neglected Rice Bowl at me...)  Cuz I mean what a week: bought a couch, changing the whole house around, baby covered in hives (the don't worry just a reaction to a weird virus type), and all the buzz about the Pope of course, St. Patrick's Day I mean hello...

And you know that open water bottle I was talking about?  All over me and the jumping baby.  The sounds of screaming...

I really tried.  I want to be humorous.  I want to be reflective.  I want to look up a scripture.  I would settle for two minutes of quiet but man, this isn't even slice of life, this is stream of consciousness.  Thinking of you though, you bloggees you.  Thanks for reading. :)

One really cool thing I can leave you with though: found this picture of Pope Francis's favorite image of Mary.  As Our Lady Untier of Knots.  That's wicked cool.  I need that.  Heavenly mom, feel free to start right here! :) TLC


P.S.  This is what the toddler looks like right before she jumps. Charming.  That is, it would look like this if you were tilting your head over... Because will my computer let me rotate the photo?  HAHAHA!  Right.  Maybe tomorrow. :)

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like my house when I try to get anything done.

    I love that image of "Our Lady, Untier of Knots". I've got a few knots that need untying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm loving all I hear about the spirituality of the new Pope! I know he recently said, "God never tires of forgiving us; we only tire of asking His forgiveness." There's also something about praying on five fingers... so much! If only I had the time! Watercoloring all over the piano bench at the moment though... :)

    ReplyDelete