10. Because it's there. Duh... :D
9. So you're kids won't. Because the last thing they need is more energy. Though it IS a very impressive first word to teach your toddler: before the age of 2, Cecilia asked for "Choka?" while Felicity requested "Cachick?" which sounded oddly Russian...
8. So your spouse won't. Because this kind isn't their favorite, anyway. I'm just noting that fact...
7. For medicinal reasons!
6. Because you are in the car, and it will melt otherwise. Wonderfully, you can still drive after consuming it! You can have a big piece at 4 PM, or even 4 AM, daily, and you won't be labeled a "lush." Fantastic.
5. To celebrate the release of "The Sinner's Guide to Natural Family Planning." (Please don't miss the book description below it; it's to die for...) Honestly, I feared I'd have to write a book like this, because someone had to; I couldn't be happier that it was done through the wit and wisdom of Simcha Fisher!! Delighted that Catholics now have a realistic, common sense approach to the blessing and cross of honoring God's gift of fertility. Fantastic. Can't wait to get a paper copy...
4. To cope with news like this: UGH. A church leader with a $20,000 bathtub. May God smite him with common sense.
3. To muse over posts like this, by a blogger I typically agree with. Because yes, the food stamp system is abused. But no, the principle of subsidiary does not, unfortunately, always work, and some sort of system to help the (truly) unfortunate is needed. Because humans act like humans and fail like humans sometimes: the "haves" are afraid to give enough, and the "have nots" are afraid and can take too much. I tend to have a heart for the "have-nots," because I feel it is so easy to be judgmental of a lady in front of you in the grocery line, embarrassed to be using WIC and texting on an I-Phone. Because that lady has been me, and my sister-in-law gave me that phone. You never know another's circumstances, so let your judgments proceed with gentleness. (Luke 6:37,38)
2. To celebrate my first calendar appearance! Yes, in the form of a sad quote, but still! Today we celebrate both Babyloss Remembrance Day (light a candle with us at 7 PM and wish me luck: I will be giving a presentation to the OB Council at Women and Infants Hospital at that same time!) and the feast of St. Teresa of Avila. Yep, both on the same day. Because the Lord is cool like that. And here's her supremely cool quote:
1. Because chocolate is one of God's myriad ways of telling us He loves us, and one of millions of proofs that He desires our happiness. ;)