Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Day Two: Identity

My daughter's name is Perpetua, which means "Eternal."  Since that's a mouthful for a little girl, we nicknamed her "Pepper."  Historically, Perpetua was an early Christian, a noblewoman who converted along with her slave, Felicity, and died for her convictions.   Since Perpetua was a nursing mother and Felicity had given birth just before her death, these saints as a pair are invoked for the following petition (which I find wildly appropriate):

"Saints Perpetua and Felicity, watch over all mothers and children who are separated from each other."

Amen, indeed.
\
Here is big sister Felicity putting a flower on Perpetua's grave.  And in the background, is bigger sister Cecilia rearranging other plot flowers while I wasn't paying attention; only noticed when I looked at this picture later (sigh...:)

My two girls pictured here are bookmarked by angels; I had an earlier miscarriage (Gabriel) before Cecilia, back in 2009.  At the time, it was the worst thing that ever happened to me.  But losing Pepper through placenta dysfunction at 17 weeks (cause unknown) was more difficult still.  Both of their names will be on the stone when we can get one.

1 comment:


  1. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC(www.ultimatelifeclinic. com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete