Friday, July 5, 2013

Recovering

This breather from blogging has made me itchy... good to talk with you again! :)  I won't be long today though, as I'm still recovering from the USA birthday party we had with friends at a pool with six wonderful children.  I'm also still recovering from realizing that, in the hoopla surrounding the new abortion legislation, there were actually people (really) chanting "Hail Satan" during a protest.  God help us.

In the good news section, this came out today. :) One good line: "Christians invoke Jesus as the true sun whose rays bestow life."


(Took this in Israel; looks like NH, huh?  Called Ain Karim, near where the Visitation took place...)

On a personal level, I'm recovering from yet more news about my miscarriage.  Will get into that later, but for now... I'm very annoyed that autopsies and blood tests and medical results take soooo long to complete. I've been on a results-based roller coaster since April.  And I hate roller coasters of all kinds.

Sigh.

To aid an aching back and mind, I went to yoga tonight.  During meditation, instead of just focusing on breathing, I remembered Psalm 63 from back in the days I prayed the Liturgy of the Hours::

"Oh God, you are my God, for you I long
for you my soul is thirsting.
My body pines for you
like a dry, weary land without water.
So I gaze on you in the sanctuary 
to see your strength and your glory.

For your love is better than life,
my lips will speak your praise.
So I will bless you all my life,
in your name I will lift up my hands.
My soul shall be filled as with a banquet,
My mouth shall praise you with joy.

On my bed I remember you.
On you I muse through the night 
for you have been my help;
in the shadow of your wings I rejoice.
My soul clings to you;
your right hand holds me fast."

Wanna hear it sung?  Of course you do!  Here's the Psalm from Casting Crowns for some friends, in Anglican chant for others, and for just a middle of the road rendition (chanty in English) here it's from J.M. Talbot (0.46 and following :).  Love them all, but most familiar with the latter, thanks to the cassette tape Dad played while I went to sleep as a kid. :)

Linking is fun. :D 

1 comment: